If you are seeing this error what I would recommend is to add the JDK jars to your eclipse “Installed JRE”. This will then use the JDK for developing Grails rather then using the standard JRE.
To change to using the JDK in Eclipse
- Go to Window -> Preferences.
- Select Java -> Installed JREs
- Click “Add” button
- Go through the wizard to add your downloaded JDK
- Select your newly added JDK back at the main window
Then you should be good to go!
This is key if you want to get the default LoginController / LogoutController working in grails 1.3.1+. At least until the new STS version comes out:
Here is the latest that I have found!
“If all goes as planned we’ll release STS 2.3.3.M2 including the usual installers next week.”
Looks like they have it some what working in the nightly builds.
The new version of Eclipse is out!
Here is a demo of the new Java features which is interesting to watch.
There are a lot of nice additions!
A couple things I have noticed so far:
- Support for formatting Annotations correctly!
- I would not recommend installing Aptana yet as it is not fully compatible with the new version of Eclipse.
- I would recommend creating a new workspace if you previously installed Aptana. Otherwise, you will get errors trying to find Aptana specific settings (as it is not installed).